Activities around your boutique hotel in Ticino on Lake Maggiore
365 days of experiences
So that you don’t have to spend too long finding all the activities that await you around Vista Lakefront Boutique Hotel – in Ticino by Lake Maggiore –, we’ve created a succinct list for you with attractive destinations organised by season. And if a romantic rainy day awaits you, you’ll find all the best inside-weather tips here.
Tested and approved by Vista.
Spring in Ticino
Spring in Ascona gives your soul a good pampering session after winter. Here at Lake Maggiore, at your hotel in Ticino directly by the lake, spring begins while the rest of Switzerland is still firmly in the grip of winter. Thanks to the mild lake climate, people with cold toes – or who simply can’t take any more of the winter greyness – can look forward to the gloriously green sight of nature reawakening.
- Enjoy your first walk in the sunshine on the lakeside promenade.
- Sip a stylish Apéro on the terrace of one of our restaurants in Ascona.
- Admire the glorious blossoms in Viale Monte Verità.
- See magnolias in bloom in Parco delle Camelie (Camellia Park; end of March to the beginning of April) on Monte Verità including a visit to the only teahouse in Ascona.
- Pay a visit to the botanical garden on one of the Brissago islands.
- Celebrate love – not just on Valentine’s Day.
- Join the Carnival celebrations in Ascona on Shrove Tuesday.
Summer at your hotel in Ticino by the lake
The sun, the lake, and you. Summer by Lake Maggiore means:
- Long evenings outside on the lakeside promenade: strolling, eating an ice cream, drinking an aperitif
- Refreshing swims in the lake
- The dancing fountains on Swiss National Day
- Magical hikes on the Monte Verità hiking trail
- The Locarno Film Festival in August
- Exciting summit climbs, e.g. Gridone or Cimetta
- Exploring cool valleys and admiring the Cascata del Salto waterfall near Foroglio
- The JazzAscona music festival in early summer – world-class live music
Wine. Chestnuts. Colourful leaves. Ticino celebrates autumn. Both on your plate and in your glass. Would you like to join the celebration at Vista Lakefront Boutique Hotel (Ticino) by Lake Maggiore?
- Freshly harvested products on the table at Autunno Gastronomico autumn culinary weeks in Ascona
- Delicious vintages in your glass: A visit to a wine cellar in Ascona is a must for all wine lovers.
- Freshly roasted, straight from the fire: That’s when chestnuts taste best. A real regional slow food!
- Special events in autumn: The chestnut festival on the first weekend in October and the autumn festival on the second weekend in October directly on the lakeside promenade in Ascona
- Breathe in the fresh air and clear your head on an autumn walk on the Moghegno themed trail and to the “gràs” – small stone buildings traditionally used for drying chestnuts
Winter fun – at your hotel in Ticino directly by the lake
You’re probably wondering: Why should I book a hotel in Ticino directly by the lake in the Swiss winter? We have more than one excellent answer to that question:
- Because the Alpe di Neggia and Mogno ski areas are just a 30-minute drive away from Ascona.
- Because there’s nothing better than feeling the winter sun on your face on the lakeside promenade.
- Because you have to sample the winter delights at al Pontile.
- Because the rooms and suites of our boutique hotel in Ascona are unbelievably cosy.