Ideally situated – your hotel on Lake Maggiore
You couldn’t get much closer to the water!
If you’re looking for elegant accommodation directly on the lakeside promenade of Ascona, you’ve struck holiday gold at Vista Lakefront Boutique Hotel on Lake Maggiore.
A holiday dream in sparkling blue
Personally compiled by us for you: a must-do list for the lake
- Boat ride to the Brissago islands or to Locarno (from Easter to mid-October)
- Hire a pedal boat and glide along the shoreline – who knows what you might discover?
- Go swimming in the shade of the palm trees – at Ascona lido, perhaps?
- Sit on a bench on the lakeside promenade, let your gaze drift over the turquoise expanse, and lose yourself in daydreams.
- Savour scrumptious cuisine with a view of the lake.
- Away from the lake: Discover Valle Verzasca with its emerald-green river and deep pools, which tempt you to swim in summer.
- Enjoy an aperitivo lungo on the large terrace at al Piazza.
Of all the hotels on Lake Maggiore in Switzerland directly by the lake, you’ve picked Vista Lakefront Boutique Hotel. It’s the perfect choice for your dream holiday by the sparkling lake.
Your hotel on Lake Maggiore: perfect for exploring
Strictly speaking, only 19 percent of Lake Maggiore belongs to Switzerland, but we think: That 19 percent is simply incredible! The lake reaches in a long, winding line from the Ticino Alps right to the edge of Italy’s Po plain. The depth of the lake is impressive: Its deepest point is 372 metres, making it the deepest point in Switzerland (good to know for the next round of “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire”!). The Ticino river, after which the canton is named, is the main inflow and outflow of Lake Maggiore. Ascona, where your lakeside hotel on Lake Maggiore is located, is on the western side of the river delta.
A stone’s throw away from your hotel:
Lake Maggiore’s islands
Passenger ships have been sailing on Lake Maggiore since the end of the 19th century. Today, in the warm months of the year, the ferries head out across the lake from just opposite the reception of Vista Lakefront Boutique Hotel in Ascona. What you simply mustn’t miss? A trip to Isola di San Pancrazio, one of the two Brissago islands,